• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Friday, July 18, 2008

San Diego Comic Con '08!


Next week is the most gigossamous convention of the year: San Diego Comic Con International

I'm really happy I'll be sharing some booth space with my pals at Sparkplug Comic Books and Teenage Dinosaur. We will be at booth #1533 (which you can see in yellow on this handy map). Unfortunately I don't think the Igloo Tornado will be joining me like last year, though Levon is likely to be at our booth on Saturday.

I've got some new stuff, and I've got some old stuff. Please come by and check us out.

NEW!!! NEW!!! NEW!!! NEW!!! NEW!!!


1) Your Disease Spread Quick: The Melvins Comic Book $6
I've got the advance copies of this book to sell at the con. The official release of this book will be a part of the limited edition Hydra Head 4xLP box set of the Melvins album "(a) Senile Animal" to be released sometime in August.

My fiancée says this book is "better than The Blot!"
Aaron Turner says "dude, this comic book is awesome."
Dylan Williams says "that new book is awesome and weird as fuck!"

It's a weird, funny, bleak story about our demise... with a giant hawk, too! I couldn't be happier about how this book came out. You can see a preview of the first 6 pages here.


2) Brilliantly Ham-fisted: 19 Comic Strip Poems $5
For those of you who followed my comic strip on this blog, you've already seen everything in this book. But the print version came out nice and I only made 50 of them (although I'll probably make more in the future). So, get 'em while you can in a rainbow of drab colors.

3) There's a slight chance I might have limited edition giclée prints of my Moby Dick piece, but that's still tentative.


4) Self Indulgent Werewolf soundtrack album limited edition: $20
If you didn't make it to my solo art show last september, then you probably haven't seen (or heard) my album. I recorded this as a "soundtrack" to the show and released it as a limited edition vinyl with silkscreen covers. Part folk, part metal, part ambient, and bordering on inept, it's an experiment in self indulgence that mixes up a lot of different music ideas played by me on banjo, guitars, keyboards and whatever else was laying around.

OLD!!! OLD!!! OLD!!! OLD!!! OLD!!!

1) The Blot- of course! $15
This little book of mine keeps truckin' along one year after it's debut. If you don't have it yet, what the hell are you waiting for?

2) Giclée prints galore! I've still got some copies of my three giclée prints from last year. They're beautiful- you should buy one and hang it in your bathroom.

3) Self Indulgence limited edition signed and numbered set of 13 prints. It's a dude eating himself and shitting himself out- who wouldn't want that hanging in their house?

4) T-shirt Blow-out! I've got various sizes of lots of t-shirts that I'll be selling at a big discount. Some of the shirts I'll have:
the ever popular Hall & Oates t-shirt by Igloo Tornado- make all the hipsters jealous with this one!
The Quadrapenguake by Igloo Tornado- a penguin with 4 snakes for a head- bitchin'!
Self Indulgent Werewolf Tom Neely Black Metal logo t-shirt- impress all of your black metal friends with this shirt for a band they've never heard of!
and some old I Will Destroy You shirts- pretend you've been into me since back in the old days.

So, I hope to see you there.
I'll be at the booth all week selling books and signing anything.
Look for me at a booth that will look something like this:

1 comment:

Lasky said...

I will not be in SD, but I WANT TO ORDER YOUR POETRY COMICS!!!! Let me know how when you get a chance. Good luck at The Con!