• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Horror Award Nominee!

The nominees for the International Horror Guild Awards have been announced...

If you're like me, you're thinking "What the hell is the International Horror Guild and how did my book get nominated?" But hey- I'll take that nomination. Awesome! Thank you! I'm nominated for the "Illustrated Narrative" category. The only other work in that category that I'm familiar with is the Shaun Tan book.

It's interesting to me that so many people interpret The Blot as a horror story. Though I didn't write The Blot as a horror story, I like that it works that way. I'm a huge fan of horror movies, books and comics, so I guess it makes sense that some of that sensibility would seep into my work.

More info about the awards is here.

No comments: