• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Monday, January 07, 2008

Self Indulgent Werewolf Soundtrack











For those of you that missed my solo show at Black Maria last September, you can now get the soundtrack album over at the Hydra Head Records online store

Though, I must warn that the name "self indulgent" definitely applies here. I'm not really a musician, but I've been playing guitar for about 16 years now, and banjo for 2 years. I've always enjoyed messing around with music, and was even in a couple of bands in high school. When I was trying to think of what music I'd like to listen to at the opening of my show, I had the idea of making my own music and releasing an album. So, I started experimenting with recording various ideas in protools and editing them together. Most of the music started as improvised bits of music that were then edited together. My brother is an awesome composer and he helped to produce the final product of the album- helping me turn my improvised sound messes into somewhat coherent pieces. The result is a mixture of experimental, abstract, ambience, folk and metal styles and I'm pretty proud of it

The album is available on vinyl only, and comes with a silkscreened cover on both silver and gold metallic paper. Limited edition of 130 signed and numbered copies. I won't be making any more of these when they are gone.

So, if you're interested, go buy a copy. And while you're over at the Hydra Head store, check them out because they put out a lot of good music including some of my favorite current bands like ISIS, Jesu, Big Business, Pelican, Xasthur and more... Having been a long time fan of this label and a lot of these bands I'm honored that they were generous enough to help me sell my records through their store.

No comments: