• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

This will be our year...

Happy 2008!

Wow- this past year has been amazing. I finished and published my first graphic novel, had an awesome solo show, recorded an album, won my first Ignatz Award, got several amazing reviews, and was a part of a few great group shows.

But the best part of 2007 was going to Hawaii and getting engaged to the best girl in the world!

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of an amazing 2007. I couldn't have done it without all the help and support I've gotten from all my great friends and family. Thank you to everyone who bought my book, let me sleep on their floor while touring, gave me a show, shared a convention table, came to my art shows, wrote a review, interviewed me, hung out with me, etc, etc, etc...

2008 should be even bigger and better. I've already got another art show with the Igloo Tornado lined up, I'm working on some new comics, and I'll be taking The Blot to several new comic conventions around the country. And, of course, me and Anna are gettin' hitched!


Last night we quietly toasted the new year together at home with our dog- just some champaigne, a movie and board games. A perfect way to start the year that we'll be getting married.

The first song we listened to in 2008 was "This Will Be Our Year" by the Zombies.

No comments: