• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Coming Soon: Weekly Comic Strip


Tomorrow I intend to begin a weekly comic strip on this blog.

I've been working on a number of pieces that I see as sort of "comic strip poems." I think most people expect comic strips to be funny, and those people will be disappointed with my strip. There's nothing really funny in these strips... well, I think some of them are funny, but my fiancée is always quick to point out that my sense of humor is skewed toward the surreal and thus not funny to anyone outside of my head... These strip-poems are more personal, contemplative and mysterious, I guess.

Anyway, I'm really excited about these "poems." I've restricted myself to the 4 panel format of the comic strip as an exercise in minimalist story-telling. This is also a challenge to myself in the use of words in my comics, since I usually make "silent" comics. Each "poem" is self contained, but as I'm working on the series, many of them are beginning to draw sub-conscious connections to each other. So, perhaps they will all tell some kind of non-linear story in the end- who knows?

I hope to be posting them every Wednesday (Wednesday is new comic book day for all of us geeks) beginning tomorrow and lasting as long as I can keep up with them. But I guarantee at least 16 of them to arrive on time because that's how many I've drawn so far.

I hope you enjoy them. Please feel free to make comments.

3 comments:

David King said...

Dude, we need to start a weekly webcomics ecommerce subscription site.

David King said...

oops--Anyway, I can't wait to see what you do!

jr said...

i'm so excited to see these! great idea. and congrats on the beasts!