• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Friday, March 09, 2007

I did a Groovie Ghoulies album...

I did the artwork for the next Groovie Ghoulies album, "99 Lives."

Here's the cover:

I'm really proud of what I did for it. It's completely different from anything else I've done. It's also completely different from any of their other covers. I've always been a fan of S. Britt, and his covers for the Ghoulies' albums were what inspired me to wanna do album covers several years ago. I was afraid of falling into a trap of doing something similar to his style, so I went for something completely different. I went for a circus daredevil theme to go along with the song "99 Lives." Hopefully the Ghoulie-fans will like it, and not be disappointed with the lack of Britt's art.

Here's the back cover and spines:
There's more artwork inside the booklet and throughout the layout of the c.d. packaging. Here's one image that I particularly like from the booklet:

The album is supposed to hit stores on April 16th.

2 comments:

Ryan Khatam said...

WOW! you've got some amazing drawings here! nice work on that album cover

tgpo said...

very cool! The Groovie Ghoulies are one of my favorite bands.