• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SPX...

tom neely

SPX... man, I'm overwhelmed... It was a really, really great weekend... good friends... new friends... lots of beautiful new books... great new discoveries... good food... late nights of endless conversations about comic books, publishing, and how to survive this crazy artistic pursuit of being a cartoonist... i can't thank you all enough.

The great Gahan Wilson (who was one of the reasons I would steal Playboy Magazines from the flea market when I was a kid) was there to promote his new book from Fantagraphics and he also gave this hilarious presentation at the Ignatz Awards:


(above photo of me is by the great cartoonist, and apparently great photographer Nate Beaty. he has a series of nice portraits of cartoonists here.)

And here are my photos.

No comments: