• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I'm all over the place this weekend...

Three things happening this weekend that I will be a part of...

For those of you in L.A., there is a group show at GR2 called Free To A Good Home 2: DOGS! Along with artwork by great artists and cartoonists like Andrice Arp, Jeffrey Brown, Shawn Cheng, David King, Kiyoshi Nakazawa, John Pham, Aaron Renier, Daria Tessler, Steve Weissman (and many, many more), there will be dogs from local animal shelters available for adoption! So get some new art and a new pet at the same time. Here's my painting for the show:



Floating World Comics in Portland, OR, is having a benefit art show and auction for the hemophilia research center of OHSU. The theme of the show is the X-men character Kitty Pryde. I made a Nancy-esque comic strip based on the X-men #143 comic. You can get posters of artwork from all the different artists for $5. And the original artwork will be auctioned off. Here's my Kitty Pryde:

You can see other artists' Kitty Prydes at this blog.

And finally, I'll be in Toronto this weekend...

I'm exhibiting with my friends Sparkplug Comic Books at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival. I'll have all my books and maybe some prints for sale, too. If you're in or near Toronto come check it out.
(that's me at the Sparkplug table at TCAF 2007)

No comments: