• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Monday, July 17, 2006

San Diego Comic Con!



Oh jeez... it's time again for the biggest convention of the year... it's ridiculously huge, exhaustively-commercialized, and frightenningly over-populated with every variety of nerd, geek, freak, pervert, weirdo and genius!!!

Ahhh, I can't wait- I love it... then I hate it, then the delerium kicks in and I start to love it even more, and then it's Saturday and there's over 100,000 people there and it begins to crush my soul... but there's no other place I'd rather be this week!

San Diego Comic Con starts this Thursday, July 20th.

This year I'll be with Global Hobo again... however, we've teamed up with Alvin Bueneventura, Sparkplug Comic Books, and the Honeybunch Squad to take over 5 booths all in one island. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Come on by booth #1528 to find me and all my pals.

I'm trying to finish a new mini in time (only 48 hours left to do that), but I will have copies of "tuesday." and "Henry & Glenn 4-ever".

And I have 6 pages in the parody anthology "Krayons Ego." This is a parody of the exceptional art-comix anthology Kramer's Ergot, edited and published by Sammy Harkham of Avodah Books (in association with Gingko Press). I did a parody of Tom Gauld's brilliant pages from Kramer's #5. And I've lampooned several of the cartoonists who contribute to the Kramers Ergot series. All done with love and respect, so please don't punch me in the face, guys! Other contributors include: Jesse Reklaw, Mark Campos, Karen Sneider, Josh Frankel, Clutch, and Sarah Oleksyk.

Here's a fake cover for the book. I'll post pages from it next week:

No comments: