• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Thursday, February 16, 2012

L.A. Zinefest this weekend!

The brand new and already awesome L.A. Zinefest happens this weekend! And I'm involved in a couple of the events.

First off - Saturday Night, Feb 18th at 8 pm: 
COMIX AND ZINE READING 
This little event was curated by me and my pal Keenan Keller. We've been putting this program together all week and it's gonna be a ridiculous ride through some awesome comix, zines, readings, psychedelic animation and other strangeness. I can't wait to see some of this happen live.

I will be unveiling my brand new Henry & GLenn story "Buried Secrets" performed by Eric vesbit and Mark Wilson (the actors who portrayed Henry & Glenn in my X-mas Cartoon).  I'm also putting together an existentialist Garfield nightmare. Don't miss it!

But that's just one of the kick-off parties!

LA Zinefest happens all day Sunday!  
There are a ton of good people with interesting zines and comix and other things exhibiting at the Zinefest this year. Even Henry Rollins is supposed to be there (first time we've been in a room together since the H&G book dropped)

I Will Destroy You will have a table full of my books, comics, minis and prints. I will also have a distro set up with books from out-of-town zinesters like John Porcellino, Zak Sally, Studygroup Comics, Press Gang, Uncivilized Books and the Igloo Tornado!

Sparkplug Comic Books will also be joining me with a full line of their books!


Friday also has a couple of events at Home Room and Secret Headquarters. There are several events going on all weekend and you can find out about them here.

Please come out and join us all weekend long.  Los Angeles is full of amazingly talented people who make lots of interesting things. We've needed a Zinefest in this town for a long time. Come out and support small-press and DIY culture!



No comments: